Summers at SBCC
Come Join the Fun!
If you are interested in getting involved in children's ministries and want a short term taste of it, the summers are for you. It involves commiting to 4-5 Sundays in the summer to work with the children...a wonderful gift to the church for very little time investment on your part. Contact Tricia Popp at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This year the program runs from July 5-Sept 6 (for preschool) Sign ups begin in May and training is provided in June.
During the summers at SBCC we run the Sunday activities a little differently than we do during the school year. We form teams of people to work with the children every other week (four to five sessions per team.) A limited “promotion” occurs in terms of regrouping the children for summer activities but not in terms of specifying Sunday school class assignments until fall. (Three Preschool/Kindergarten groups; First/Second Graders; Third/Fourth Graders) The children will be meeting in larger groups, then, which will give a VBS feel to the activities. The children always enjoy this departure from their regular structure and the leaders have fun utilizing the large group aspect.
- Children from 1st-12th grade get to worship in the adult service extra Sundays.
- Teachers can opt to take a break in the summer and return in the fall to continue with the regular curriculum.
- Those who can't help during the school year get a chance to participate in children's ministries.
- Teacher training and class assignments can take place in the fall, allowing for full participation after the summer break.
- It's fun for both the children and adults participating!