We are a community of believers looking upward to God, growing inward in Christ, and moving outward by the Spirit for the glory of God.
- Leadership and ministry marked by playfulness, humility, laughter, a high view of Scripture, and commitment to prayer.
- Taking the gospel seriously, but not ourselves too seriously .
- Freely offering grace and friendship with one another.
- Being a spiritual family sharing life together even when things are hard.
- An emphasis on every member ministry and a culture of contribution.
- Valuing the participation of many over the performance of a few.
- An open-handed connection to larger community and world.
- Compassion for the least, lost, last.
WE LOVE JESUS. WE LOVE HIS WORLD. WE LOVE HIS PEOPLE.
Santa Barbara Community Church started in 1979 with a small group of people meeting in the back of a restaurant and bar on State Street. With a vision for church inspired by Acts 2, this group set out to worship, learn, pray, serve, and grow together. After outgrowing that space, for the next 27 years we met exclusively in the afternoon and rented facilities from other local churches. In 2008, SB Community merged with Trinity Baptist Church and began meeting at our current location. The merger brought new family members and new ministry opportunities. Today, we enjoy dynamic church life spread across three Sunday services, over 60 homegroups, robust children’s and youth ministries, and so much more.
Though much has changed from those earliest days, at our core we still long to be a family of believers in Santa Barbara that love Jesus and each other, and cling to conviction, community, and compassion as our values. In all that we do, our highest aim is to bring glory to the God who has called us his own and shown us his grace at every step along the way.