In a nutshell, parent/child dedication is:
- An act, which follows an example found in the Bible. (1 Samuel 1:24-2:10 & Luke 2:21-35)
- A public statement of commitment to raising your child to know and follow Jesus Christ.
- A parent’s commitment, not a sign that a child has made a decision for Christ.
- A time for the church to commit to walk alongside you as you point your child towards Christ.
AS A PART OF THE SB COMMUNITY CHURCH PARENT/CHILD DEDICATION PROCESS, YOU WILL COMPLETE A SHORT COURSE (1 HR) WHICH WILL COVER THREE TOPICS:
- Making a Plan (a guide for your child’s spiritual journey)
- Making it Personal (an internal look at your own spiritual journey)
- Making a Partnership (building a relationship with SB Community Church to support you in your parenting)
Please email Paige Chase to let her know which date and service time you’d like to dedicate your child. She will then email you a link to complete the online Child Dedication module we have created for parents to complete prior to the Parent Dedication meeting the day before the Child Dedication.
Upcoming Child Dedication Dates:
- May 16, 2021
- October 10, 2021